My Photo
Name:Anju
Location:Purdue, University, United States

I have a need for coffee with my oxygen.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Otsosi, potom prosi


Yuri Orlov: After the Cold War, the AK-47 became Russia's biggest export. After that came vodka, caviar, and suicidal novelists.

So I saw Lord of War over this past weekend. It was an excellent movie. I think women would even like this movie. Well... If you are one of those women that only watch a movie because the girl gets the guy, or the guy realizes that the woman of his dreams has walked out the door, or that the guy gets his balls caught on fire while a monkey repeatedly stabs his crotch, then you probably won’t like this movie. If you are a normal woman who thinks women and men are equally mean to each other, then you will love this movie. Sadly, I had to say all that and this movie doesn’t even have much to do with love…
It does have a lot to do with war though, hence the title, and it was very interesting to see the side of war that profits from it. Personally, I like movies that don’t end on a completely happy and upbeat note, balls on fire or not, and I think this is one of those movies that people won’t realize is good until it is too late. This movie has a realistic ending and thats about all i'm going to say about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home