My Photo
Name:Anju
Location:Purdue, University, United States

I have a need for coffee with my oxygen.

Friday, September 16, 2005

My night on Wednesday was interesting.

I get off of work at 1:30 am, so you'd think I'd be in bed by 2 am, but that's just not true.
When I got off of work my roommate Katie had called from my brother Neil's phone. Interesting I thought, she wanted me to bring home gallons of coffee. So I called my brother who picked up and said it was a long story that involved circus midgets and a tow truck. I asked him to hand the phone over to someone sane, so he handed it to Katie who said they were stuck at wal-mart and Neil was there Knight in shiny armor and had come to rescue them. Apparently Katie was insane too at that point.
So I disconnected and decided to call my friend Paul who I knew to probably be out at the bars. He tried to convince me to come out, and almost had me until I said, "Are you sure it's a good idea?" which prompted him to say "Now that you mention it, it probably isn't a good idea" and then he disconnected. Weirded out by the series of phone calls at 2 in the morning, I decided to make mac and cheese and watch some chick flick. At 2:30, my phone decided to start ringing again. First was Paul, who literally said, "WTF, Mate?" (See Below) when I picked up the phone. Apparently, he too is Le Crazy and was Le Joking about it was a bad idea for me to come out, (proving I do not get drunk people's humor). Then my phone rang again at 2:45 with Katie saying she was coming home, and then again at 3 am because her friends needed to be let in our apartment (we have a security system that dials my phone when people want to be buzzed in).

So normally my Wednesday nights are quiet and relaxing, but apparently I was destined for a different sort of night that night.... I'm only writing this now because some day I will want to remember how many people called me from the hours of 1 and 3am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home