My Photo
Name:Anju
Location:Purdue, University, United States

I have a need for coffee with my oxygen.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

So I put things in categories in my head, I think everyone does. Like for instance, I see a girl dressed in artsy t-shirts, jeans that are frayed, and sneakers, I probably will put her in an artsy, sarcastic, honest sort of category. Different category for the girl dressed in tight shirt, perfect jeans, and has a little purse with a little dog in it... I won't say that category I have for her out loud.

So last night I was at the coffee shop and talking to a girl that I put in the same category as myself. She didn't like the beauty queen that came in a few minutes before I did and was snotty to her, and started talking about how much she disliked people like that, after awhile it switched to how much each of us disliked reality shows. Then another co-worker showed up (who I put also in the same category as me) and we were talking about how dumb the public as a whole is, then I told a story about Kelly Clarkson and how she fooled the Purdue public by sneaking behind them to get to her van and how even a silly girl like her thinks the public is dumb.. and then my voice trailed off because the first co-worker had a very serious expression on her face... I looked at her.. and then she said, "I love Kelly Clarkson, she's a very 'real' celebrity."
At first I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, because I didn't know if she was serious or not...

Turns out... I should have cried.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home