My Photo
Name:Anju
Location:Purdue, University, United States

I have a need for coffee with my oxygen.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Over the weekend I saw the movie Hero. I have wanted to see this movie for a very long time. I tried even seeing it while it was in the movie theaters, but to no avail. Finally, after almost a year of giving up and taking the second of two options, (can you have only have one option? or does it then become something you have no choice on?) I got to see it. I have to say I wasn't disappointed at all on the movie. If anything it went far beyond my expectations. Each mood for the movie was mirrored with its color of choice. Example: A very passionate or jealous part of the movie would have its mirror color be red or orange which are said to be colors that evoke passion or rage.
The storyline was excellent, even historically accurate. I had taken a course at Purdue on East Asian history. In that course we studied the Emperor Qin (pronounced Chin) extensively and I found that the movie showed some of Qin's major principles for unifying China.
I think anyone would enjoy this movie, and I highly recommend it, even if you are one of those people out there that say "Blech" to any Asian based movie.



You know who you are.
You stuck up "I-hate-all-asian-movies-just-because-they-are-popular" person, you. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home