My Photo
Name:Anju
Location:Purdue, University, United States

I have a need for coffee with my oxygen.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Apparently I have a lot to say today...

Conversation that started on The Hot Librarian's bl*g...



Somehow it was the "ant" portion of the story that made me feel more at bliss (sorry, "AN-fucking-TS") because I've been in a battle with them in my own home for 2 solid weeks now. It began in the FREEZER. Where they were apparently enamoured of a small frozen pool of popsicle juice, but their little ant bodies couldn't take the frozen tundra of my icebox and I would open my freezer to a pile of cryogenic ant corpses every time I went to get an ice cube.

Dumbasses...you'd think word would have gotten back to the anthill that the big white box in the kitchen was claiming more lives than the blizzard of '32, but apparently not. Like Deadheads following Jerry, they just kept on comin...
Cinnamon | Email | Homepage | 08.03.05 - 1:07 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cinnamon - So you’re saying that the ants in your house were suicidal? That's got to be the best thing I've ever heard relating to bugs. What do you tell the exterminator? "Well, these ants are the suicidal kind, be careful with them, they are fragile right now... emotionally."

Please tell me you are writing something about this...
Anju | Email | Homepage | 08.03.05 - 8:27 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were possibly suicidal...hence the mass graves. However, the ants may have just been fans of extreme anting and my icebox was their Everest.

It was sort of like an ant Donner Party...except without the cannibalism. A few days later, I found ants in my fridge. They didn't fare much better in there. The cold made them sluggish and eventually they just keeled over in the egg cups. I found a dead fly in there, too. DEAD FLY. Did he fly in while the door was open, bedazzled by the tub of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" and get trapped when I slammed the door? Or did the ants BRING the fly in there. As an offering to the angry fridge gods who froze their brethren?
Cinnamon | Email | Homepage | 08.03.05 - 12:07 pm | #

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home