My Photo
Name:Anju
Location:Purdue, University, United States

I have a need for coffee with my oxygen.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

I am slowly going insane because of my family.
And since it is the season for the Family Reunions, I feel like I would like to share a bit about my family.

Here is how my family works..
1. Grandmother: Cries on the drop of a dime to get her way
2. Aunt: Lawyer = Always right about everything, even her opinions.
3. Mother: Cannot read through Number 1 and 2's games so she takes everything as fact, then gets frustrated and yells at everything.
4,5,6,and 7. Father, Brother, Grandfather, and myself: Once Number 1, 2, and 3 get going in heated "discussions", hide in a dark place.

Numbers 4 through 7 are all very avid readers and we also can entertain ourselves with mindless things if the book is out of reach. I played with a ball for 20 minutes one time, bounce, retrieve, bounce, retrieve.... Endlessly.. Because it was better than venturing downstairs to grab a book during a heated "discussion."

Why do we hide? Because once a long time ago, one of us was brave enough to venture downstairs to get a book and the results were not pretty... NOT PRETTY. Imagine that scene out of Macbeth where those three (notice the significance of 3!) crazy witches were chanting, "Double, double, toil and trouble; Fire burn and cauldron bubble." It was close to that... *shudder*

Notice I'm the only girl hiding? I have no idea why this is. My mother is usually very rational (like I am) until her sister and mother get going then she goes CRAZY. Thank God my mother blessed me with a brother. I can handle brothers. You say things like, "Neil, Good Lord, pick up these dishes and put them in the dishwasher." And he says simple things like, "O.k." or "Go F'ck Yourself" or "I'm sorry, you smell like a caveman and I cannot possibly take orders from a caveman." I can HANDLE all those things.

I think if I had a sister she would quietly put the dishes away while planning on ways to kill me in my sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home