My Photo
Name:Anju
Location:Purdue, University, United States

I have a need for coffee with my oxygen.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Camp Part One

So, first thing is first. I went to camp for the weekend. Not just any camp though… this camp is on a lake, and National Geographic has named it number 6 in the "Top Ten most beautiful natural lakes."
Well, how about *that*, Mr. Doubting Mustafa? (Yes I just quoted a Disney movie).

So the area is absolutely beautiful, white sandy beaches, crystal clear water, and not a motor or internet for about ten yards (can you believe they had wireless and electricity? It just ruins my image for this post, I wanted to be “Anna, survival girl, had no comforts of life and survived for 4 days without them” Now I’m just, “Anna, thinks she played it rough, but didn’t”).
I found myself busy doing things like, rock climbing, swimming, canoeing, and being a regular outdoorsy girl (gaining back my image). The thing I am most proud of is doing the “High Ropes Course” which entailed me climbing a 30 foot high ROPE latter and climbing from tree to tree using only different ropes (in case you missed it the first three times, I was being held up 30 feet in the air by ROPES). I know you people, every one of you is reading this going, “Ha Ha Ha, she didn’t do that, she’s making it up,” Well let me tell you, I have PICTURES so that you stop doubting my survival skills…. In trees… yes, my survival skills in trees! If Noah builds an ark again I know I won’t need it, because I have top notch survival skills in trees.

Picture One:

Here I am suiting up for the climb

Picture Two:

Here is a scary sign leading up to the course.

Picture Three:

And….. THESE ARE MY PICTURES. Damn. Nothing. To. Show. For. THEY ARE ALL DARK LIKE THIS!

Picture Four:

See…

Sigh… Well I promise that is me, I swear I did this, I was so proud and now no one believes me. Sigh.

Ok, I’m over it. More to come…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home