My Photo
Name:Anju
Location:Purdue, University, United States

I have a need for coffee with my oxygen.

Friday, February 25, 2005

"A fiddler on the roof. Sounds crazy, no? But in our little village of Anatevka, you might say every one of us is a fiddler on the roof, trying to scratch out a pleasant, simple tune without breaking his neck. It isn't easy. You may ask, why do we stay up there if it's so dangerous? We stay because Anatevka is our home... And how do we keep our balance? That I can tell you
in one word... Tradition."


This weekend Nishant and I are going to go see Fiddler on the Roof in it's 40th year running. I've seen the play once before, and I've watched the movie several times. It is a very famous play. So famous, it's now becoming main stream. I know what you are thinking... A play about a Jewish family at the turn of the century, in Russia, becoming main stream? How?? By an unlikey source, Gwen Stefani.

Her Lyrics"
Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na
Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na


If I was a rich girl (na, na....)
See, I'd have all the money in the world, if I was a wealthy girl


Original Lyrics:
If I were a rich man,
Daidle deedle daidle
Daidle daidle deedle daidle dum
All day long I'd biddy-biddy-bum
If I were a wealthy man.


Notice the similarites? I'm sure those of you that buy the album will notice a reference to Fiddler on the Roof on her credits page.
Sigh.. People never understand that greatness, comes from other greatness...
I'd like to have an original thought one day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home