My Photo
Name:Anju
Location:Purdue, University, United States

I have a need for coffee with my oxygen.

Monday, December 06, 2004

What Gelett Burgess didn't see.

The Purple Cow's Projected Feast:
Reflections on a Mythic Beast,
Who's Quite Remarkable, at Least.

I never saw a purple cow,
I never hope to see one;
But I can tell you, anyhow,
I'd rather see than be one.

-- Gelett Burgess

Followed with:
CONFESSION: and a Portrait, Too,
Upon a Background that I Rue!

Ah, Yes! I Wrote the "Purple Cow" --
I'm Sorry, now, I Wrote it!
But I can Tell you Anyhow,
I'll Kill you if you Quote it!

-- Gelett Burgess


Isn't Modern Poetry wonderful? Someone can become famous for writing about a purple cow, and then get mad at everyone because he is famous for it. Why write something unless you are going to stand behind it and nurture it? That is why I like blogs, no one remembers one single post, they just read my posts and the thoughts go in one ear and out the other.
A moment's entertainment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home