My Photo
Name:Anju
Location:Purdue, University, United States

I have a need for coffee with my oxygen.

Sunday, November 07, 2004

I hate little nasty creatures that have to have their coffee as a work of art. No, I wanted the carmel drizzled in a clockwise fashion, or No, I wanted no foam milk because I'm allergic to foam, can you just heat it in a microwave so it doesn't have bubbles?. Or like today, I got one, "No, I didn't want the lid on the cup, just next to it is fine."

I purposely spilled coffee down all sides of the cup and then carefully set the cup down and then the lid, and said, "Oh sir, I'm sorry about that, there you go! *Cheerful smile*" And then left that end of the counter to go help someone else. He stood there a minute and then went over to the coffee bar to grab napkins to clean up the cup.

I call them, "Starbuck Freaks."

4 Comments:

Blogger kris said...

there's a woman who comes into starbucks and gets a venti, soy, no water, no foam, extra hot chai latte and a granola bar ( "a thick one please this time") everyday. she'll actually come back and ask to get a thicker one. she'll also ask you to make her drink over if you made it wrong. even though it's pretty damn easy to make. she's not mean or anything but she's a yuppie who comes in everyday with her cell phone and labtop and talks about her private life. everytime we run out of soy she hints ( not too subtly i might add) that she should get a free drink because if she can't buy it here she 'has to' go all the way across the bridge to bayers lake ( a 15 minute drive) to get her daily dose of soy chai. it's really funny that once she left her cell phone by accident and when you turn it on it says "always win"
i can't believe these people exist. one thing starbucks has taught me is that i never want to end up becoming a person who's day depends on wether or not i get a thick granola bar. people are crazy.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Anju said...

Ah. You have the regulars too! We have the "Mocha Girl" or the "Breve Boys" or my favorite "Tall Tea Guy." I like these people, you can start making their drink when you see them coming. I think the "Chai Soy Girl" would make me want to quit.

11:32 AM  
Blogger kris said...

her name is ruth
i hate those breve lattes....it's just a fat latte trying to sound cool...

2:09 PM  
Blogger Anju said...

I hate Breves too.
Especially when the customer knows how they are made, then they want the milk changed around too! I feel like screaming, "It's not a breve if you change the milk!"

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home