My Photo
Name:Anju
Location:Purdue, University, United States

I have a need for coffee with my oxygen.

Monday, November 29, 2004

History of Anju.

Most people who know who I really am think it is very odd I'd have a blog with the title of Anju Harsha.

Let me explain.

My real name is Anna, after my great grandma Anna who came from Sweden.
For a long time I wanted to name a possible future daughter of mine, Aurora. No real significance, just honestly loved the name. I am also one of those people that will tell you her life story in one sitting if you don't shut her up (this helps to know in later part of story).
So relationships come and go, and I told two of the guys from my past about my fantasy of calling my daughter Aurora. One, decided on calling his dog Rory. This is a nice name and all, but my fantasy name lost flavor. The other, after asking me what I'd name a daughter if I had one (I proudly said it too), decided on instead of that, he'd like Allaura. Just thought he'd change it up a bit and add a few letters. Well, then when he decided to really name his daughter that, one daughter I didn't know about (fun times!) I really decided against the name.

So I met Nishant. Who told me (when I made the blog) that he liked the name Anju, (I loved it, it means, "One who lives in the heart") and I decided that before any boyfriend got a hold of it, (to name plants, or fish?) I would just name myself it. And that is how Anju came about for my blog. Harsha was added for a joke in my head because I thought "Wow, my initials are AH and so is my blog's initials!" Later, Nishant informed me that the name "Anju Harsha" was equivalent to a name like "Billy Bob Thorton" (or some other hickish name). But I still like it and it was already to late to change,
so here it is,
Anjuharsha.blogspot.com.

The name stuck.

Movie of the day: A Walk in the Clouds (again)
- favorite quote from it, "Talking between men and women never solves a thing, where we think, they feel. They are creatures of the heart."

1 Comments:

Blogger Akshay said...

Anna/Aurora/Anju and are all beautiful names.Very phonetically pleasing, kind of like "cellar door".
Btw my names Akshay means "One who lives forever"(thought that would interest you).
Always a pleasure talking to you.

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home