My Photo
Name:Anju
Location:Purdue, University, United States

I have a need for coffee with my oxygen.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election Day

Election Day has nothing to do with this post. Except... Go vote.

Today as I was sitting on the couch, studying East Asia, and wrapped up in a blanket.. I started hearing a buzzing noise.
I looked around and noticed one of my roommate's phone. Now some of you know quite acutely how bad it is with this one particular roommate, and some of you have no idea because I chose originally not to post about it.
To be brief, this one roommate is the master of underlying insults, presumes to be the master of cleanliness always telling us what we've forgotten to clean(although leaves her dishes for days and days), and has asked a group of our friends and boyfriends to leave because she has invited a friend over. The world revolves entirely around this girl, it is almost impressive to see how much she will go into denial about her wrongs.
Back to the story.
So I watched her phone buzz and vibrate across half of the table. As it stopped I looked back down at my book and started reading it. As the phone buzzed a second time, I repeated my actions, watching, waiting, and then back to reading.
On any normal day, or any normal person (doesn't even have to be a friend), I bend over backwards for them. I would have run and picked up the phone and then run it over to my roommate's room so she could answer it. And had it been my other roommate's phone you can bet I would have.

But now I just don't care, and that is really sad that someone can get me to that point.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nishant said...

I know what you mean :) Been to that point with people, too.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Akshay said...

Well you must be a real nice person for it to bother you so much to write a post about it bc I do that all the time at it does not bother me one bit.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home