My Photo
Name:Anju
Location:Purdue, University, United States

I have a need for coffee with my oxygen.

Monday, October 04, 2004



"Amélie is a shy young woman with a pronounced taste for all life's small pleasures : immersing one's hand in a sack of grain, cracking the crust of a crème brulée with the back of a teaspoon or skipping stones on the Canal St-Martin."


Last night while walking through Blockbuster, I suddenly thought to myself "I haven't watched Amélie in a very long time." Recently Kris (a comment poster, see post below) told me there was another movie coming out with the same woman (audrey tautou) and the same director. So I thought what the heck and rented it.
I really didn't think Nishant would like to see the movie, so I didn't really mention it to him. When he saw it, I told him I was going to watch it sometime this week, he didn't say anything and we ended up watching Labriynth. The next morning he picked up the movie and said, "Don't watch this one without me."
I was kind of impressed, it is really not a guy movie and I honestly wasn't expecting him to watch it with me. He is, and I realize how lucky I am to have someone who is willing to try new things even if it doesn't look like something of their interest.

I love that movie. I think I'll watch it 2 or 3 times this week.
"Nino is late.
Amelie can only see two explanations.
1--He didn't get the photo
2--Before he could assemble it... a gang of bank robbers took him hostage.
The cops gave chase. They got away... but he caused a crash.
When he came to, he'd lost his memory. An ex-con picked him up...mistook him for a fugitive and shipped him to Istanbul. There he met some Afghan raiders... who took him to steal some Russian warheads. But their truck hit a mine in Tajikistan. He survived, took to the hills... and became a Mujaheddin.

Amelie refuses to get upset for a guy, who'll eat borscht all his life in a hat like a tea cozy"

3 Comments:

Blogger kris said...

do you watch it with subtitles or dubbed?
i only like subtitles in foriegn films because i'm just snotty like that haha
have you ever seen stealing beauty?
with liv tyler?
it's another movie that makes me want to go to europe.
do you have any recomendations from your side of the border?
*kris

7:06 PM  
Blogger Anju said...

I watch it with subtitles too.
I own the movie Stealing Beauty, it makes me want to go back to Italy and see it again. :)
A favorite of mine is "Little Voice" it has Micheal Caine and Ewan McGregor in it. Very sweet movie and takes place in London. I can't think of anything more...

9:03 PM  
Blogger kris said...

if you haven't seen garden maybe you'd like it. it's cute.
have you seen lost in translation?

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home