My Photo
Name:Anju
Location:Purdue, University, United States

I have a need for coffee with my oxygen.

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Today after work I'm going to go see Ravi Shankar at Loeb Playhouse. This is the first time I've ever seen him and I'm incredibly excited. This is also a SOLD OUT show of Convocations which has some people amazed. The sad thing is, most people can't appreciate good music. They appreciate those who make a statement, or those who sell out and make music only to impress others. They can't just appreciate something that has talent. Ravi Shankar is 84 years old, and he has mentored such people as The Beatles, he has a daughter who is famous in Indian classical (Anoushka) and a daughter who is famous in America (Nora Jones). And people actually question why the show is sold out?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home