My Photo
Name:Anju
Location:Purdue, University, United States

I have a need for coffee with my oxygen.

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

It's that time of year again...

Time to dance the Time Warp again!

Rocky Horror Picture Show always cracks me up. It's so cheesy, so silly, so sexual, it's hilarious.
It is one of those movies that some people take very seriously (seen anyone with pink hair lately? or maybe brilliant red?) and they pretend the whole year 'round that they are part of a time warp that no one could possibly understand or acknowledge. They are their own creatures that go bump in the night. They live on planet Mars and mostly go to I.U. (though occasionally I'll see one running after a bus on campus, normally they don't catch the bus because the bus driver is scared of them).
Then there are those that are healthlier about it. We don't dye our hair wacky colors and we don't dress in black, and once a year we sit down and watch the movie Rocky Horror Picture show, usually around the time of Halloween because its socially acceptable to watch any freaky thing that time of year. We enjoy it once and then go return the rental so it can sit on the shelf until next year.
There are some who are in between A and B. Some who will dress up once a year, but not year round, or those who go to the Union to watch it but don't watch it again until next year. Those people kind of push the line but never really cross it.

I find I'm type B. I'm just going to sit down watch it once, enjoy laughing at it, and put it back on the shelf.

The scariest thing: Because it is such a widely popular movie, and has been for over 25 years.... My parents are at home doing the same..... Isn't that a scary thought?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home