My Photo
Name:Anju
Location:Purdue, University, United States

I have a need for coffee with my oxygen.

Saturday, July 10, 2004

Silly People

So I was looking into staying at a state park close to Purdue University for October break. I had already cleared it with my significant other and he was all for the idea. So I decided to call them and ask them to send me some information. I got it before I went to work but I didn't have a chance to read it. So I brought it with me. While sitting there looking through the brochure (Turkey Run State park, it's beautiful) my supervisor came up to me and just stared.
After a minute, I said, "What?" Now, my supervisor is a 65 year old lady who is tough and direct and doesn't take much bullshit.
She says, "Don't you have something to tell me?"
I say, "No......."
She says, "Are you getting married to your boyfriend?"
After staring at her dumbfounded, trying to figure out how she came to this conclusion she says, "You are looking at a brochure for Turkey Run, aren't you getting married there?"

No lady, some people don't just want to get married, some people actually love their significant other and want to just spend some peaceful time in a state park with them.

Sigh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nishant said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Nishant said...

Well, geez. I did it too. I deleted my own comment on your blog...

Do NOT ever click on the little trash can next to a comment that you may have posted (unless you will to delete it). I figured that if it were really about to delete a comment, it'd at least ask for confirmation! No such luck.

My comment was on the lines of - you are my Annie Pooh :)

5:28 PM  
Blogger Anju said...

Nishant said... not Anju
According to Indiana standards, your child-bearing hips are ready to go into business.

Haha... what gets me is that people think that it's romantic to propose to someone in a goverment-built hotel of a state park of Indiana!

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home