My Photo
Name:Anju
Location:Purdue, University, United States

I have a need for coffee with my oxygen.

Friday, July 09, 2004

The buck stops here.

Today I read a report that the CIA is to blame for us to going to war. I'm not sure what the CIA gets out of having America running around blowing shit up, but apparently the white house decided they were to blame.
I wish it was back in the time when presidents actually took an active role in leading our country and making it better. Harry Truman had it right when he made a sign that said "The Buck Stops Here." That is how a country is run, we-the-people hire a president that represents us and makes the decisions for us, not point a finger at everyone screaming "It wasn't me!"
In January 1953 President Harry Truman, in his farewell address to the American people, referred to this concept very specifically in asserting that, "The President--whoever he is--has to decide. He can't pass the buck to anybody. No one else can do the deciding for him. That's his job."

Dubya, why don't you step up to the plate and do your job.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nishant said...

Is that all you can do? Sit around and bash such a noble man... a man who... who...

Wait, are you talking about the feller who proudly said, "I'm a war prez-i-dent! *chuckle* "?

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home